Horseneck Wine & Spirits is one of the oldest and most respected destinations for fine wine, craft spirits, and beers in the Northeast. We are seeking a part-time Sales Associate to join our experienced and efficient team.
We specialize in high end fine wine as well as a growing selection of natural/clean wine. We are looking for a knowledgeable, affable, and trustworthy person to bring their knowledge and passion for these kinds of wines as well as their innate warmth and grace to work with our customers. Compensation is hourly and is commensurate with experience.
Our Sales Associates wear many hats while at the shop. Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting and assisting customers utilizing our tenets of hospitality and service
- Stocking shelves
- Accepting and entering new inventory
- Packing and occasional fulfillment of local deliveries & shipments
- Maintain the sales floor and Point-of-Sale (tidy, organized, clean, etc)
- Answer phone and refer customers as needed
- Transact sales
- Ad-hoc maintenance and audits of our inventory and online store
Desired Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will posses the following skills, abilities, and qualifications:
- Knowledge of winemaking practices, wine regions, and craft spirits
- Knowledge of wine pairing theory
- Ability to work weekends
- Experience in fine dining and/or fine wine retail
- An innate balance of warmth and professionalism
- A desire to learn and grow
- Ability to carry up to 40 lbs up and down a flight of stairs
- Knowledge of the following software: Vend, Shopify, Mailchimp, MS Office Suite
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit a cover letter and resumé. No phone calls, please. Vanderbilt Wine Merchants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.