Horseneck Wine & Spirits, Greenwich Connecticut’s oldest and most prominent wine & spirits shop is seeking a Sales Associate to join our experienced and efficient team. With new ownership as of 2018 Horseneck has quickly become the most exciting and service-focused place in town to shop for fine wine, beer, and spirits as well as a growing and highly curated selection of organic/natural wines. Horseneck shares ownership and operations with Vanderbilt Ave Wine Merchants in Brooklyn, NY, one of NYC’s Top Wine Stores and a nationally recognized destination for natural wines, so this is a great opportunity to join a leading team in Greenwich and have opportunities to grow from exposure to the NYC market. Personality and fit are key for this role. You do not need to have a vast knowledge of wines and spirits (although it of course helps). We are committed to helping you learn the complex and rewarding world of wine. If you enjoy working with customers, feel energized from a great sales experience, and like going the extra mile for customers, then this is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact at a top wine destination. The position is full-time and $20/hr+, commensurate with experience. We will also reimburse any wine certification exams the Sales Associate takes. There is a lot of opportunity for growth as we see the ideal candidate as someone who can become a senior team member over time.
The Sales Associate wears many hats. Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting and assisting customers utilizing our tenets of hospitality and service
- Stocking shelves
- Accepting and entering incoming product
- Packing and occasional fulfillment of local deliveries
- Maintain the sales floor and Point-of-Sale (tidy, organized, clean, etc)
- Answer phone and refer customers as needed
- Assist with in-store tastings
- Ad-hoc maintenance and audits of our online store
Desired Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills, abilities, and qualifications:
- Prior luxury and/or wine retail sales experience is a plus but not necessary
- An innate desire for learning, studying, and applying newly acquired information. I.e. A native curiosity and love of learning.
- Knowledge of the Greenwich, CT area is a plus
- An innate balance of warmth, grace, and professionalism
- Ability to carry up to 40 lbs up and down a flight of stairs
- Ability to work weekends
- Experience with the following software: MS Office Suite, Point-of-Sale systems, Shopify, Mailchimp, Instagram
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. Horseneck Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.